Thursday, January 10, 2013

So.. uhm.. yeah.. Is this thing on?

I'm a terrible blogger.  I don't know why.. I used to be really good at it. 

Back in the old livejournal days, I wrote about everything.  Heck.. my kid farted, and I wrote about it.  Nowadays?  Not so much. I guess I just got married, got happy.. became a nurse, got busy.. and, blogging just fell by the wayside.. with the exception of my facebook.  Not really sure if that counts or not. 

Anyway, there's a lot going on in the world of Alice.  I love what I do, but it really can be pretty brutal.  I'm, currently, in between jobs (anyone know of a nursing position in Southern Indiana or in the Louisville, KY. area.. please let me know.  I hold a license in both states.)

If you read my husband's blog, then you already know that we are going to be grandparents, very soon, of identical twin baby girls.  They're names are Sophia Kaye (my middle name is Kay, the father's mom's middle name is Kae.. so, it's a combination of the two) and Kathryn Elizabeth (Sophie and Katie).  We are UBER excited! 

The kids are, slowly but surely, all growing up and leaving the nest.  I'm not really good with this development.  Rachel is, of course, on her own and starting a family.  Michael is still at home.. but, only til the end of this semester.  He is planning on transferring to a school a little further away from home in the fall.  David.. well, we've still got a couple of more years with him at home.. he's only 16.  But, it's weird.  I just don't know what to do without a house full of kids.  I don't know who I am, anymore, outside of being a mom.  I lost that girl over 20 years ago when I had Rachel.. and, I'm not sure if I remember where she ran off to, and how to get her back.  Gosh.. I don't even remember if I liked her very much anyway.  *sigh*

Wow.. this wound up way more depressing than I actually feel..
Oh well.. maybe I'll sound more cheerful next time. 

If you actually read this, give me a holler so I know you're still out there!  :)

 


2 comments: